/ Jimmy's Corner: Olmert hits the ball into the wall

« Home | Isn't it terrorism? » | A special dedication... » | Initial thoughts... Stupidity versus Might » | That's what they are good at! » | Dahab is not the end! » | Take bribes and do your job! » | So what? » | Back and Blogging » | Please feedback » | Long day » 

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 

Olmert hits the ball into the wall

Hezbollah's capture of two Israeli soldiers last week was timed to divert attention from Tehran's nuclear programme, the Israeli PM has claimed.

Mr Olmert said the timing of the incident was not an accident, and the international community at the G8 summit in Russia had fallen for it - discussing Lebanon rather than Iran's nuclear programme. BBC News

When I read this piece of news I got mixed thoughts. Is Olmert blaming the world for being fooled by his foolishness? Or is he fooling the world himself and just hitting the ball into the wall?

The first thought, was that Olmert has already realized that what he did as a reaction to the kidnapping of the two soldiers is already a great mistake that totally diverted the world's eyes and ears to a conflict that started out of nothing. Therefore, he is blaming the world saying "Hizbullah and the Iranians fooled me and got me into a conflict so that they can fool you and distract you away from the Tehran's nuclear programs. And they succeeded, fools." So it is like he is telling the world "you fools are losers because you discuss the misdeeds of a fool like I am"

However, I believe Olmert is not that stupid... may be a little less. I mean, Olmert seems to have realized that what he does in Lebanon distracted the world and moved the focus of events from Tehran to Beirut and Tel Aviv. Therefore, he is hitting the ball into the wall, he is involving Iran into the conflict so that the whole nuclear issue is brought back to light once again. And this time it gonna be even stronger as Iran will be a part of conflict with Israel, the country for whom the USA is fighting to disarm Iran of any nuclear weapons/technology. So he hits the ball into the wall, and gets it back all in his hands.

Still I believe Olmert is stupid, as he gave those who support the Syrian influence over Lebanon every right to come back and say "See, that's why the Syrians should have been here". I had a talk about it with a Lebanese friend. Her father supports the Syrian influence over Lebanon. She said "You can't imagine, my dad's likes are taking advantage of the situation and no one can argue with them". I think their voices are loud enough to be heard in the White House:

"Syria is trying to get back into Lebanon, it looks like to me," Bush says.


The question is, does Olmert really want Iran to be involved in the situation? I don't think so.

About me

  • I'm Jimmy
  • From Cairo, Egypt
  • This is a scrapbox in which I put the outcome of my brain-surges and freak-outs; that usually come out during intense loneliness or frustration. Not all... but some!
My profile

What I Believe

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

What is Islam?

Photo Album

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates